UsMagazine.com reports Jennifer Hudson has cancelled her ‘If It Isn’t Love’ music video shoot that had been schedule for next week in Los Angeles. “The video was set up before the tragedy and she felt like she should finish what she started, but she’s realized that she’s not ready to go back to work,” a source told the publication. “It’s too early.”
The full story at usmagazine.com has since been removed.
The first webisode of Jennifer Hudson ‘Spotlight’ features the Oscar winner at a photo shoot. Hudson, who did the photoshoot before the tragic murders of her mother, brother and nephew, talked about what keeps her grounded and advice she’d give to those in the entertainment industry – “never give up and do it for the love”. The webisode then transitions to her ‘Spotlight’ music video, where Jennifer talks about the theme of the song and video, and director Chris Robinson talking about what to expect with the clip’s production. Watch the video below.
Jennifer Hudson issued a statement reacting to the four Grammy nominations she received for her debut album as the Oscar winner continues to mourn the murders of her mother, brother and nephew. “It’s been a childhood dream of mine to release an album,” the 27-year-old stated, “so to receive four Grammy nominations is truly a blessing. I’m extremely honored and humbled by the nominations.”
Hudson was nominated for best R&B album for her self-titled album, best female R&B vocal performance, best R&B song for ‘Spotlight’ and best R&B performance by a duo or group with vocals for her duet with fellow ‘American Idol’ alum Fantasia ‘I’m His Only Woman.’
Jennifer Hudson’s ex brother-in-law William Balfour has been charged in Chicago with murdering the Oscar winner’s mother, brother and nephew. Watch a report from ITN, featuring video from the press conference announcing the charges against Balfour, below.
The Chicago Tribune reports Jennifer Hudson’s brother in law William “Flex” Balfour has been charged in the deaths of the Oscar winner’s mother, brother and nephew. The 27-year-old has been in custody in Stateville Correctional Center in Illinois, on a violation of parole stemming from an attempted murder conviction in 1999. Balfour was transferred to Chicago police custody after police served a warrant for his arrest Monday.
The story at chicagotribune.com has since been removed.
Jennifer Hudson checked in with fans on her blog at MySpace (@jenniferhudson) on Thursday (November 13), thanking them for their support as she mourns the shooting deaths of her mother, brother and nephew. The Oscar winner tells readers:
I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. My sister and I take great comfort and strength from your love and concern.jhud
‘American Idol’ season three runner-up Diana DeGarmo spoke with ‘Entertainment Tonight’ about Jennifer Hudson’s family tragedy, saying that although she has not spoken with the Oscar winner since the shooting deaths of her mother, brother and nephew, “She’s definitely in my thoughts and prayers like she always is, but even more so. Her mother was a wonderful, wonderful person, and I wouldn’t even know where to begin if something like that happened to me.” Video of the ‘ET’ interview, featuring Diana and Carrie Underwood’s thoughts on ‘Idol’ hopeful Paula Goodspeed, who apparently committed suicide outside Paula Abdul’s home on Tuesday night, has since been removed at ETOnline.com.
Since Jennifer Hudson lost her mother, brother and nephew in a tragic shooting death, the Oscar winner and some of her family members have been staying at the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago, with ‘The Apprentice’ boss picking up the tab. “They are safe,” Trump told People on Monday night. “She’s a great girl and we’re protecting them well.”
E! Online reports that the singer/actress has been staying at the hotel since the October 24th shootings, but has rarely left the building. “She is still in shock,” a source told E!. “She hasn’t gone out much at all and has a lot of security around her.”
Harvey Levin of TMZ.com was on the line with Ryan Seacrest of KIIS FM in Los Angeles on Monday (November 10), discussing the latest in the criminal case surrounding the shooting deaths of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew. Harvey wasn’t sure why it was taking so long to charge William Balfour with the murders, but suspected it was because prosecutors aren’t ready yet and speedy trial issues would kick in if they did go through with the arrest.
The interview audio at kiisfm.com has since been removed.
The Illinois Prisoner Review Board determined there was probable cause to keep the person of interest in the killings of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew in custody. William Balfour is being referred for another review before Board members at a hearing scheduled for December 3rd. There had been fear the 27-year-old, who has yet to be charged in the killings, would be released. Footage from the press conference announcing the news at ETOnline.com has since been removed.